Monday, May 11, 2009

The Literal Literarium

So, I do a lot of reading. I mean a ridiculous amount.
If their is an author I admire, I am compelled to read (and collect first hardcover editions of)everything by that author.
Stephen King, Clive Barker, Anne Rice(before the religious novels), V.C Andrews(those she published before she died) and Augusten Burroughs round out my top faves.

I am reading through my battered copy of Rocky Hororr: From Concept To Cult, by Scott Michaels and David Evans, it chronicles the creation of the original musical which premiered in 1973 to the cult following of the now legendary movie. The book also contains 16 pages of rare making of photos, and is written in a series of esays and interviews with the cast members (except Tim Curry) and the set designer, director, and producer; everyone who was involved is extensively interviewed. great reading if one is either a die-hard rocky fan, misses dressing up on a saturday night(when you felt alright), or is interested in how a musical is adapted to screen.

pleasant somethings people, ----Martin(who does remember doing the time warp--- in the middle of wal-mart).

1 comment:

  1. oh martin. how i'll miss your literary/author knowledge next year. you better help keep this blog rolling no matter where you end up.

    ReplyDelete