Saturday, May 9, 2009

Currently Reading

I am currently reading White Oleander by Janet Fitch. I've been a fan of Janet Fitch's work when I started reading the first book I found by her (Paint It Black) in 2007 and have been following her ever since.

White Oleander is a twisted tale of Ingrid and her daughter Astrid. Ingrid is a poet that has been imprisoned for murder and Astrid has to go through an abyss of multiple foster homes. Each one is a new foreign environment for Astrid and Ingrid- I should really get to finishing this book...

2 comments:

  1. I'd be curious to find out what you think of the book when you finish. I began reading it last year (as my wife insisted that I would love it) and it never drew me in. Somewhere in my house, a copy of White Oleander sits with a bookmark somewhere between pages 125-150.

    I'd love to have you tell me if I should give it one more try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome book! Give it another try when you're lounging on your hammock this summer, Mr. Eich. They made a movie adaptation of this book, as well. It's worth a viewing if you find yourself with some free time. The conflicted nature of the relationship between the mother and daughter is fascinating and really quite dark. It's been a while since I've read it, but the impression is still there. Do it, do it!

    ReplyDelete