Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Currently Reading: Identical by Ellen Hopkins

Ellen Hopkins has got to be one of my favorite authors. She's incredibly talented, her imagery is so smooth it's almost like watching a movie. She's known for her tragic novels, often concerning drugs, teen pregnancy, self destructive behavior, and other controversial topics. The book I've currently got my nose safely tucked in is one revolving around the lives of two identical twin teenage girls, growing up estranged from their mother, and controlled by their father. There are multiple turns throughout the pages of this novel that hit you head on, brights going full blast, and although they can be heart wrenchingly sad, they're still aspects that make it that much harder to put down. So in short, I'd recommend this book to anyone who doesn't mind shedding a few tears over text, and who'd be interested into delving into the mind of someone else, who perhaps has even darker secrets than you.

1 comment:

  1. Go Molly, go Molly! This girl can write. I cannot keep Ellen Hopkins' books on the shelves. I think they've even got the Twilight series beat in terms of requests. I have read all of these books and I am a fan. Thank you for your awesome, thoughtful post Molly!

    ReplyDelete