Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Derby Girl by Shauna Cross

I just put two and two together that the new Drew Barrymore/Ellen Page movie "Whip It" is based on the book Derby Girl, which is one of our new books. I finished reading this book last week and I really enjoyed it. Follow along with Bliss, as she moves from feeling great angst at not fitting into the popular crowd at her small, Texas high school, to finding her own happiness filled niche in the world of roller derby. The book is humorous, fast paced, and a testament for unique girls searching to find where they fit in the world. I'm definitely one who likes to read the book before I see the movie and in this case, I did it without even realizing it. I look forward to seeing "Whip It" and I invite you to come check out Derby Girl. You'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment