Monday, October 19, 2009

Freedom to Read What I Want!

This is just a quick blog post to get things rolling again. We can't let this blog die. Life is very busy with grad school, so I haven't had much time to read materials other than books for class. I am done with the semester after this week and I am so excited to get started on my YA book kick once again. I have a ton of novels on my list-of-things-to-read and I don't know where to begin. Is there anyone out there? If so, please give me a recommendation stat!

2 comments:

  1. Why don't you tell us a couple of the books on your list? I'd love to see the reading queue of a hip librarian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. weeeeeeeeeel . . . . here goes:

    Tricks by Ellen Hopkins is at the top of my list. It is her newest book and I am super excited to read it! I have read all of the others and I can't get enough. The kids love them. They don't stay on the shelves for an hour once they come in.

    I am also taking home a book called If I Grow Up by Todd Strasser. I love urban lit books and this book is about kids trying to survive life in the projects.

    I dream of David Sedaris writing ten more books so that I can devour every word. He is hands down my favorite writer and no other can make me laugh and feel inspired quite like him.

    The following is a brief list of things I want to read:
    I'm Down by Mishna Wolff
    Response by Paul Volponi
    Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
    Hate List by Jennifer Brown
    Fade by Lisa McMann
    Over a Thousand Hills I Walk With You by Hanna Jansen

    I could fill up the entire blog. : )

    ReplyDelete