Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Henna

So I went to a Renaissance Fair recently and got a henna tattoo.
I'm not sure what to think about it, it was something that i had never heard of before so I tried it!
at first i was nervous and didn't like the gooey substance that the lady was putting on my skin, after it dried (10-15 min) she put something called Lemon Sugar on it. Its lemon juice and sugar combine (kinda like lemonade!!) and she dabbed it on there. The gooey henna sinks into your skin and dyes it a brownish orange shade. The designs supposed to last up to 6 weeks. I'm excited and i love the reactions from other people when they see it.
I want to go on google and learn how to make it.
Any thoughts??

2 comments:

  1. Sophie, I think it's very neat that you're learning about an art form that is popular in the Indian culture. Did you tell Mrs. B.? She will be quite excited. Tell us about the Renaissance Fair! When I was in high school, my history and English teachers helped us hold one at our school. We even got to create businesses that kids patronized at the fair. My group chose to make Celtic cards. It was a blast. Now, let's hear about your experience. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophie what you just posted a tattoo? or something different because i was confused on the "henna" part. so where was the Renaissance fair at? (ex: DeKalb)

    ReplyDelete