Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My faith is restored in the Twilight series!

I just finished reading New Moon and I must say that I am super duper excited to read the others. I'd like to give another shout out to Mr. Eich for inspiring me to start again. After a year-long break, I decided to get back into the swing of reading the books and I was pleasantly surprised by how hard it was for me to put down New Moon, even while driving. : ) I found Twilight to be drawn out and a little dull, except for the end. Although I still feel that the writing is juvenile at times and the Romeo and Juliet allusions annoy me to no end, I can see what the Twilight hype is all about. The fact that Meyer has been able to get so many kids and adults excited about reading is superb and I'm sure librarians, parents, and teachers everywhere would scream thanks from the rooftops. Go Stephenie, go Stephenie.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked New Moon. Don't worry, the R+J references do not continue throughout the series. She does start comparing everyone to the characters in Wuthering Heights though (I think that's in the last book).

    All in all, I don't think anyone can argue that these books have helped society (even just a little bit). No they are not the pinnacle of literature, but I'm of the opinion that if it gets people reading, it is worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms. Wilkin,

    I am on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Tom O

    ReplyDelete